Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Social skills

Jannet's been in the gym this week, and I thought I'd end up quitting. But it's actually been a supper positive experiences. Example, today she brought up the fact that because Amanda and I are both young we don't have a full comprehension of social skills. We had both mentioned to her that she was intimidating to us, and she explained how we could have re-phrased it with a possatave spin. This is something I think I was in self-denial about, although I'm not the worst in the world, I obviously have some serious improvement to make.
I also tend to think that it has to do more with the social skills I was exposed to growing up, my mother was extremely blunt, and my father lacked in expression/ communication... period. Either way, I'm grateful she genuinely pointed it out. I'm definitely going to add exercise sentence structure to my list of goals to achieve. It will better me in work, as an employee, with my peers, family, and academically as a student.
Monday I went on a hike with Taylor and his adorable new girl friend, Rachael. Basically it goes like this, Kez is my soul and Taylor is my other half. There isn't any other people on this earth that complete me, motivate me, relate with me, and inspire me so singularly than those to do. They are both extremely brilliant, sincere, and have excellent comprehension as well as expression.. I envy them, and aspire to be them.
I love my grandma, we can have civil discussion.. something I long to have with my parents. I'm also starting to comprehend the cycle of society. life is basically thrilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment